Sunday 10 April 2016

I`m Playing Too

Sometime in the last month or so I found a hashtag on Instagram that took me to a blogger who is hosting a Finish A Long, with a bunch of other bloggers.

The idea is you make public the finishes you want to accomplish in the next 3 months. For every finish, there are a lot of great prizes to be won. You are entered for a prize for each item you finish - there is no penalty for not finishing an item on your list.

I need a little motivation sometimes, so I decided to play along and now the 2nd quarter (Q2) entries are open.

Here are my plans:

1.  This lovely charm square stack of Vintage Modern by Bonnie and Camille will become a dresden quilt for my bed. I`ve had this idea in the works for ages but haven`t taken the leap. I`m leaping. There is no pattern, I`m going to make a bunch of dresdens, then scatter them all over the white background and stitch them down.

2. This pile of fabric on the left, along with some from the right, and some from Buttons, will make a quilt for a young woman who is having a child.


The pattern is this one from a magazine (also borrowed from Buttons). I used this pattern last year for another baby quilt and it turned out great and was quick and easy.

I`m only setting two goals. That`s it. That`s all I have in the works that I think I can finish by the end of June, and my goal is to finish.

I think I`ve convinced Buttons and The Edgy Perfectionist to join too.  We`ll see.

I`m linking up, planning for finishes, and hoping for a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment