My last post was about a little sweater I was knitting for some friends expecting a baby. I talked about all the problems I was having. It didn't get any better.
The sweater is now finished and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.
I think the sleeves are maybe a bit long - hard to tell unless it's on a baby.
There's a lot of detail in the sweater. That's part of the reason I choose it - I didn't want to be bored while knitting. (And in this case, I was more frustrated than bored). The yarn is acrylic so it can go right in the washer and dryer - an important consideration for new parents.
I used a thing called a "lifeline" every time the pattern changed. It's basically a thread/strand you put in so that if you have to pull the knitting back, it is easier to pick up again. It helped me a lot!
In the end, I'm very happy this project is finished. The parents will like it, and they asked for something knitted, rather than sewn. In hindsight, I would have enjoyed making a hat much better.
I leave notes for myself on patterns that I've made, with suggestions for next time or to remind myself of things. On this one, I wrote "never again".