Sunday, 29 January 2017

A Finish - A Snake Suit

I joined the Finish Along this year again and I've completed my first UFO.

This is a snake suit for my oldest niece. She wanted one that matched a snake stuffy she has - she picked out the fabric, zipper, and cuff fabrics. She wanted me to sew with silver metallic thread but I managed to talk her out of that. Our trip to the fabric store was fun - the kid has taste, because I couldn't talk her into some very ugly Xmas sombrero/cactus fabric.

The pattern is this one:
My younger niece got a dalmatian costume for Hallowe'en using this same pattern last October. I had to lengthen the torso, arms, and legs for both girls - I don't know if that is a reflection of their body proportions or the pattern design. Either way, the alterations were simple enough and the pattern easy to follow.

Here's my finished product:

And a close up of the hot pink zipper (which coordinates to something on the snake stuffie).

E will get the costume next weekend when she and her sister are over for a crafternoon and sleep-over.