I've been on summer vacation for 1 week and have finished a quilt - this is a record for me. This one is for my uncle who is in the hospital. I got the pattern here ; I saw it on this blog. It took an afternoon to piece which is nice. Mine is smaller than the pattern calls for - 12 squares instead of 16. I used 4 fat quarters for the blocks - which is just enough provided your fat quarters are true fat quarter and don't shrink/skew when pre-washed. The binding is the same as the backing. I bought 2 yards of white which was too much - by about 1/2 a yard. The large squares are quilted with a leaf pattern which is sort of hard to see - I used a variegated blue thread.
The white borders are a leaf on a vine done freehand. I'm happy with how they turned out. I drew the spine of the vine on with washable blue pen before quilting so that I had something to follow.
This quilt will be delivered sometime next week.