Thursday, 2 June 2016

A Finished Quilt

I've recently been in contact with a wonderful young woman who is expecting her first baby. She is a teen mom - and she'll be a great one.

A number of supporting adults in her life decided to throw her a baby shower and I decided to make her a quilt. Every little baby needs something handmade. She said she'd like animals, so that's what she got.

I've used this quilt pattern before - it's borrowed from Buttons. It's a quick and easy one with great results.

The fabric is all Ann Kelle - except I think the orange dots are from someone else. Some of this fabric I purchased for this project, but most is from my stash and the stash of Buttons. (Quilty friends are the best).

I did straight line quilt-in-the-ditch, which worked great.

I did have a near binding mishap. I've recently started doing a diagonal seam in my binding, after years of a straight seam to join strips. I like the diagonal better because it reduces bulk. My brain hasn't quite caught up to adjusting the math though.

Here's where I ended up

about 1/2" shy of doing a diagonal seam, so I straight seamed it at the end.

This quilt was gifted on Fri and the mom-to-be was thrilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment