Monday 6 August 2012

Shopping Vacation - Successful

I've recently returned from a few day vacation in the US, Pennsylvania specifically. I went to get some R & R, but also to shop at the outlets and hit some quilt stores. I hit 2 quilt shops and a Joann's. The big quilt shop I wanted was closed for the week for vacation - oh well, another trip is in order. I was looking for things I couldn't find at home or things for a great price.


Okay, this I bought in Canada in Fonthill at the Quilt Bee - it will make a modern dresden plate for my cousin's little girl.

These will make fold up bags for your purse for the ladies in the office at work. The middle is the top/handles, and the outside fabrics the bottom of the bags.

More fabric for fold up bags - base on the left, handles on the right.

More fold up bags - base on right, handles on left.

This I will use for a fold up bag for myself - middle is the base. My friend L loves this line - Salt Air by Cosmo Cricket - I didn't feel much for it until I saw it in person - I might be in love too! This was all they had at the store though.

Another bag - right is the base, solid is the top.

 A book from Joann's. On sale too!

Another book - also on sale - a different cousin from the hunter's star quilt wants either a bargello or vortex quilt for a wedding quilt.

An 8" dresden plate ruler - I hunted all over for one at home and found a 5" finally - this one will be more versatile.

Buttons for the bags - on sale!

Some batting to try out - on sale.

More batting to try out - on sale.

I'll post the bags when they're in progress/finished.

1 comment:

  1. I knew you would become a Salt Air convert. The colours are so delicious. Glad you had fun. I'm dying to see the finished results!

    ReplyDelete